Saturday 6 April 2013

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Bastards

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Bastards



1) Tell us what your show is called this year?
Battle of the Bastards


2)
  Why?
Because I get to play a cartoon villain and beat myself up
3) Can you give us a few hints as to what broadly your festival show is about?
It’s about sword fights, eye-gouging and Elizabethan cussing. My show is the dirty carnie version of King Lear.
4) How much time have you spent crafting the show over the past 12 months since the end of the last festival?
More hours than I care to admit.  
5) The comedy festival is turning 21 this year – it’s a big age 21 – what you’re your memories of being 21?
Lighting my birthday bonfire with a mouthful of kerosene and a firetorch. The taste of petrochemicals haunts me still…

6) The Comedy festival is one big party and catch up for a month - is there anyone you’re looking forward to seeing over here either socially or on stage?
Both socially and on stage it will be great to see Sam Wills (Boy With Tape On His Face) and Stuart Goldsmith- a couple of friends who both live in England. And Jeremy Elwood’s always good fun for a pint. Or three.
7) What’s the comedy scene like at the moment who do you rate and why?          
Most of my mates are carnies and street performers, so I rate anyone that can entertain a crowd armed only with a mic. I’m more comfortable juggling a chainsaw than standing there telling jokes.
8)  What’s the best piece of audience interaction you’ve had?
An eight year old once asked me if I was a Jedi.
9) What’s the most memorable part of performing for you within the last 12 months?                                                                                                                  
Spending 3 months as a juggling ladder-walker with the NZ Opera was pretty mind blowing.
10) When we say New Zealand International Comedy Festival to you, what’s the first thing you think of?
Yellow towels. Followed by “Gee I hope people come to Battle of the Bastards”.
11) How would you persuade people to come and see your show?    
Not sure. Any ideas?                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Late Night with the Devil: Movie Review

Late Night with the Devil: Movie Review A genre film mixing pulp thrills and a recreation of a 70s late night talk show, Late Night with the...