Saturday 20 April 2013

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Fiona O'Loughlin

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Fiona O'Loughlin



1) Tell us what your show is called this year? The Divine Miss O.

2)  Why? Because my audiences have been becoming camper by the day and I wanted a title that reflects that. 

3) Can you give us a few hints as to what broadly your festival show is about? My shows are autobiographical story telling and the landscape is always family. In all its forms. I'm a terrible Mother and people will leave my shows guaranteed to feel much better about themselves if nothing else.

4) How much time have you spent crafting the show over the past 12 months since the end of the last festival? It's a never ending evolution. The show actually has three hours of material but every night I pull an hour out of my bag of tricks

5) The comedy festival is turning 21 this year – it’s a big age 21 – what you’re your memories of being 21? Or if you’re not old enough yet, you lucky person, what are your hopes for being 21? I felt raw and insatiable at 21. I remember it was fun but I wouldn't go back for anything. I'm weird, I know, but I love being old.


6) The Comedy festival is one big party and catch up for a month - is there anyone you’re looking forward to seeing over here either socially or on stage? Jesse Griffith is one of my oldest comedy mates and I can't wait to inhale him.

7) What’s the comedy scene like at the moment who do you rate and why? My favourite at the moment is Ronny Chieng. He's on fire at the moment as are a lot of very young comics. It's so glorious seeing the next wave of comedians tearing it up. 

8)  What’s the best piece of audience interaction you’ve had? Shutting my Mother down at the Adelaide Fringe. Powerful tool, that microphone.

9) What’s the most memorable part of performing for you within the last 12 months? It hasn't happened yet but I'm hoping it will be opening night in Wellington/Auckland 

10) When we say New Zealand International Comedy Festival to you, what’s the first thing you think of? Laughs and more laughs in the most beautiful country on Earth.

11) How would you persuade people to come and see your show? One of my kids needs an operation if I don't sell tickets he could d.......just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Origin: Movie Review

Origin: Movie Review Cast: Aunjanue Ellis-Taylor, Jon Bernthal, Vera Farmiga, Audra McDonald, Nick Offerman Director: Ava DuVernay More like...