Saturday 6 April 2013

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Pax

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Pax

Pax’s Magic Carpet Ride

*2013 BILLY T NOMINEE

1) Tell us what your show is called this year?
My Show is called Pax’s magic carpet ride


2)  Why?
Because everyone who comes to my show will be taken on a magical ride through my mind (Isn’t as profound as it sounds). Also because I’m Middle Eastern. It’s cute


3) Can you give us a few hints as to what broadly your festival show is about?
It’s just about everything and anything I’ve been pondering for the last year. Stuff that’s relevant to me and relevant to everybody else. Marriage, The Middle East, Popular culture, how to win over the ladies. I just want to talk about the world and everything therein with a bunch of strangers.


4) How much time have you spent crafting the show over the past 12 months since the end of the last festival?
I’ve been spending the entire 12 months coming up with this show. The things I talk about haven’t been thought of in a short span of time. I’ve been thinking about these things for some time now.




5) The comedy festival is turning 21 this year – it’s a big age 21 – whatyou’re your memories of being 21? Or if you’re not old enough yet, you lucky person, what are your hopes for being 21?
I remember getting married 10 days after I turned 21 so I’d rather not think about it…

No really. Beautiful memories of stepping on a path with my wife and also having access to a whole new bunch of situations I can draw from. I was just happy about the new material really.

6) The Comedy festival is one big party and catch up for a month - is there anyone you’re looking forward to seeing over here either socially or on stage?
James Roque, Jamaine Ross, Tim Batt. Im just really exited for the and for NZ comedy that there up an coming talent on display at the festival. (Including me)


7) What’s the comedy scene like at the moment who do you rate and why?
I feel like the NZ comedy scene is really exiting at the moment. Stand-up comedy is starting to hit the mainstream more and more. Even compared to when I started, which is only 2 years ago, there seems to be some many more people wanting to be comedians. That’s sick because it means more and more talented people are going to be hitting the stage and lifting NZ comedy.


8)  What’s the best piece of audience interaction you’ve had?
During a show someone randomly yelled out “You’re just a sandman wearing some boat shoes!” Probably the worst most un-thought out piece of racism I have ever heart. If you’re going to be a racist cracker put in some effort ok guys, I’d appreciate that…. lets me know you care.


9) What’s the most memorable part of performing for you within the last 12 months?
The performing itself. Writing comedy isn’t easy for, because allot of my comedy comes from real life. So being on stage an performing is the part of this job that I truly love.

10) When we say New Zealand International Comedy Festival to you, what’s the first thing you think of?
Elmo…… Don’t over think it.

11) How would you persuade people to come and see your show?
I’ve thought about this a bit. Hopefully the persuading happens when people see my performance on stage and think to them self “That guy was funny, I wouldn’t mind hearing talk for an hour”.  So if you see that I’m performing at the classic or any venue near you it’ll pay of to come in and have a look. ‘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

All of Us Strangers: Disney+ Movie Review

All of Us Strangers: Disney+ Movie Review Cast: Andrew Scott, Paul Mescal, Claire Foy, Jamie Bell Director: Andy Haigh A haunting and heartb...