Sunday 13 April 2014

Comedy Fest Q&A: Brendon Green

Comedy Fest Q&A: Brendon Green


Brendon Green
**2014 Billy T Nominee **

1)Tell us the name of your show
Some More Mr Nice Guy

2)Which came first – the show name or the show content?
Haha, the show title. Damn it.

3)C’mon, be honest….
I will be in my show, that's the whole point of it!

4)Any other working titles for the show?
About 60 different puns on the word Green. I want to use all of them over the course of my career.

5)How long – honestly- have you been working on this?
The first rough outline in my head happened in September last year. What the show is now is incredibly different, but the seeds had been sown, as comedian farmers would say.

6)What’s been the biggest challenge of pulling this show together?
Too many conflicting ideas that I fall in love with way to quickly. I want this show to be streamlined like Porsche wearing a windbreaker.

7)Who’s your biggest comedy rival – and why?
I'm a white, middle class, heterosexual, male. Nobody comes to mind...

8)Who’s your biggest comedy friend – and why?
There are too many people to name, please don't make me do it! Are you trying to ruin relationships here? You sicko. To purposely misquote the great Smashmouth, 'Why can't we all be friends?'

9)Which show is your must see? Why?
Sam Simmons 'Problems'. I saw it 5 years ago in Edinburgh, and it was genius. He's been working on it and improving it ever since, so I can't even imagine what the experience is going to be.

10)Give us your definition of a great night out during the festival
It kicks off with a Tinder match. That leads to pre-drinks at The Basement, where I just so happen to bump into a bunch of comedians who I know. How embarrassing/impressive. A 7pm show, a drink, an 8.30 show, a toilet break, a 10pm show, then some serious hand holding. Denny's at 3am to reminisce.

11)What goes through your mind, the minute before curtain goes up?
“Your future wife could be here, don't embarrass yourself.”

12)What about when you’re on stage?
“None of these people want to marry you, try harder.”

13)How easily distracted are you?
Not very. Once I start you'd be hard pressed to stop me. I'd perform through a fire if it weren't “illegal”.

14)Give us your dream comedy line up
I don't know about the line up, but it would be MC'd by a topless Matthew McConaughy. That dude could warm any audience up, if you know what I mean.

15)Just finally, where will you be in 5 years’ time
Slightly closer to death.

Brendon Green is a 2014 Billy T nominee and performs his show SOME MORE MR NICE GUY in Wellington (7 – 10 May) and Auckland (13 – 17 May) and as part of the 2014 NZ International Comedy Festival in cahoots with Old Mout Cider 24 April – 18 May. For more info visit www.comedyfestival.co.nz
Closer to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Wonka: Blu Ray Review

Wonka: Blu Ray Review  Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Calah Lane, Keegan-Michael Key, Paterson Joseph, Matt Lucas, Mathew Baynton, Sally Hawkins, ...