Monday 28 April 2014

Comedy Fest Q&A - Cori Gonzalez-Macuer

Comedy Fest Q&A - Cori Gonzalez-Macuer



1. Tell us the name of your show:
Hell Will Be Easier
2. Which came first - the show name or the content?
Name. Still working on the content.

3. C'mon be honest...

4. Any other working titles for the show?
Hell Would Be Easier, Hell Should Be Easier. I was on a roll that day.

5. How long - honestly - have you been working on this?
Probably a few months.

6. What's been the biggest challenge of pulling this show together?
I haven't done a festival show for 3 years so i have a lot of material to go from. Figuring out if some of it is still topical is always a struggle. Went through a stage last year where i wrote a lot of material on Grumpy Cat who, it turns out, no one cares about anymore.

7. Who is your biggest comedy rival - and why?
Probably myself. If i put my mind to it I know I could be pretty good but I'm lazy and never really took comedy seriously enough. Hoping this show changes that.

8. Who's your biggest comedy friend - and why?
There's a lot of them. It's a pretty tight community but since I moved to Wellington i kinda lost touch with some people. I don't want to mention my favourites in case someone unfriends me on Facebook tomorrow.

9. Which show is your must see?
Brendhan Lovegrove is probably my favourite comedian in NZ,  Also went overseas at the start of the year to some film festivals with Rhys Darby,Jonny Brugh and Jackie Van Beek so I'm keen to see their shows from what they told me about them.
10. Give us your definition of a great night out during the festival?
In Wellington, go to Sweet Mothers Kitchen for dinner, go to a show then finish the night at one of the late shows at San Fran Bathouse. In Auckland, go Tanukis Cave, go to the Classic for a show then again, pick a late show. Heaps of local celebs hang out at the Classic so if you're into celeb spotting, i suggest hanging out there. I saw the girl from the Big Save Furniture ads there once.

11. What goes through your mind, the minute before the curtain goes up?
I hope I don't fuck this up. I hope there's  people there. I hope no one i knows is in the front row. I need to vomit.

12. What about when you are on stage?
Same as 11 but a bit more spewy

13. how easily distracted are you?
Very. I don't deal well with people talking during my shows. Instead of a witty comeback i either get angry or storm off.

14. Give us your comedy dream line up: 
Flight of the Conchords, Seinfeld, Steven Wright

15. Just finally, where will you be in 5 years time?
Married with kids, living in Glen Innes or something. Dream big.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Wonka: Blu Ray Review

Wonka: Blu Ray Review  Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Calah Lane, Keegan-Michael Key, Paterson Joseph, Matt Lucas, Mathew Baynton, Sally Hawkins, ...