Monday 28 April 2014

Comedy Fest Q&A - Paul Ego

Comedy Fest Q&A - Paul Ego



Tell us the name of your show:
‘AMAZINGBALLS’ (I like to use the full version of the word as it appeared in the New Testament)

Which came first - the show name or the content?
The content definitely. Then once I was content with the content I got a baby names book and chose something that matched what the show was looking like…and it looked more like an ‘Amazingballs’ than a Tobias or a Sophie.

C'mon be honest...
I’m being 100% honest not including GST, that’s as close as it gets for me.

Any other working titles for the show?
Yep, originally it was gonna be called CHOICE or HORSE but my wife didn’t like those as girl’s names.

How long - honestly - have you been working on this?
The majority of it has been honed on-stage over the past couple of years but some of it I’ve just thought of in the past couple of weeks. Plus I’ll probably throw in some stuff I haven’t worked on at all.

What's been the biggest challenge of pulling this show together?
Waiting to start! Once I had the name of the show I just wanted to do it straight away. I’m very impatient and get bored easily.

Who is your biggest comedy rival - and why? Currently it’s my 14 year old son, he loves his comedy, is better at voices than me and he has more energy. He’s tried out for the Class Comedians programme a couple of times but he’s too young yet to go through.

Who's your biggest comedy friend - and why?
Jeremy Corbett. Much as I mock him on 7Days he’s a great sounding board for ideas as we have a similar sense of humour and love silliness more than anything.

Which show is your must see?
Well I’d be an idiot if I didn’t say mine wouldn’t I?

Give us your definition of a great night out during the festival?
Thai food, couple of beers, then cram in a 7pm show, then an 8.30, then a 10pm and then a Late’n’Live.

What goes through your mind, the minute before the curtain goes up?
Did I go to the toilet?

What about when you are on stage?
I should have gone to the toilet.

How easily distracted are you?
Sorry, I was outside riding my bike, what?

Give us your comedy dream line up:
MC Tim Shadbolt followed by Craig Campbell, Ricky Gervais, Louis CK, Eddie Izzard and a baby called Charlie who bites his brother’s finger.

Just finally, where will you be in 5 years time?
About to open my new show ‘Phenomenuts’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Priscilla: Blu Ray Review

Priscilla: Blu Ray Review Cast: Cailee Spaeny, Jacob Elordi Director: Sofia Coppola Adapted from Priscilla Presley's own memoir Elvis an...