Friday 15 July 2016

NZIFF Q&A - Hayden J. Weal, director of Chronesthesia

NZIFF Q&A -  Hayden J. Weal, director of Chronesthesia



My film is Chronesthesia and it's about love. There's stuff about time travel in it, and regret, and the fact everybody can be a positive force if they try. But mostly it's about love. Falling in it, harbouring it, being scared of it.

The reason I made this film is: I want to make feature films for the rest of my life, and I was sick of not doing it.

What's the one moment that stands out in your film and why? 
I don't wanna ruin anything about the ending so I'll pick... no, that'll give something away to. I like the opening. It stands out because it's shocking.

What was the hardest thing about completing your film? 
There was rarely anything easy or simple with this film. The hardest parts were knowing people were putting time and effort into something and not being paid, and finalising the cut. That was a lengthy process.

What's the most satisfying thing about your film? 
Its third act. It's a biggie!

What's been the one piece of feedback from either peers or audiences that has struck you the most and why? 
There's a moment in the film that made a friend of mine emotional, and it's a character being nice toward another character. That, and whenever anyone says I'm good in it.

What's next on the cards for you? 
The Chronesthesia team are planning to work together again on another feature, hopefully with some financial backing. I am on the 3rd draft right now and it's really really good.

Thanks for having me!! 

Get the details of Chronesthesia film playing at the NZIFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Challengers: Movie Review

Challengers: Movie Review Cast: Zendaya, Josh O'Connor, Mike Faist Director: Luca Guadagnino There are plenty of bodies on show in Call ...